Gopher Knoll no longer offers a CSA. We recommend Deep Roots CSA at https://www.deeprootscsa.net for local and naturally grown vegetables. Please check out our farm store on this website for fresh seasonal berries and pure, raw, local HONEY. Order and pay online and pick up your selections locally.
Why join a CSA? And why this one?
- Heirloom veggies have been carefully selected for exceptional flavor by generations of family farmers.
- Heirloom vegetables have been shown to be more nutritious than many modern hybrids. Read the original study from UT-Austin HERE.
- We carefully balance micronutrients in the soil and run soil tests each year to stay on target.
- Your vegetables will be field ripened and freshly harvested – usually within 24 hrs of pickup.
- We include information about any unique veggies in your box, along with a recipe or two..
- All your veggies will be non-GMO and chemical free. Click HERE to read about how we control pests.
- You can let us know if you have allergies or preferences not to receive any individual selections in our production schedule. We will do our best to plan your share around your individual needs.
- You will receive a selection of fresh herbs with most shares.
- You will have an option to purchase our 100% pure, artisan quality honey at a reduced price when it is available.
- You will be supporting a growing local food economy. All the fruits, vegetables, herbs and honey in your weekly share are grown and produced at Gopher Knoll Farm, here in Athens, TX.
What you need to know:
- Heirloom varieties frequently look different to what you probably have seen at most grocery stores. You’ll need to be the kind of person who is willing – even excited – to try things that look a little different. Be prepared to see something unique in almost every share.
- Your investment in your share provides the funding for us to grow your food. Therefore, no refunds or cancellations are made after the second week of the season.
- When possible, we include a fruit or berry, greens, vegetables like beans, squash or tomatoes, a root vegetable and fresh herbs in each box. CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT OUR CURRENT PRODUCTION SCHEDULE.
- The number of veggies and the varieties vary greatly throughout the season. You’ll get a selection of whatever is ready each week. Choose from a personal size share appropriate for 1 person, a half share sized for 1-2 adults or a full share sized to feed 3-4 adults.
- Pickup day will be TUESDAYS during each season. Pickup at Dana’s Health Food, 501 S. Palestine St., Athens, TX.
- Costs? Check out the different levels of participation in the Farm Store.
- Still have questions? You are invited to visit the farm. See how we do it all and ask any questions you might have. Simply arrange a suitable time with us at your convenience. (903) 279-9732 or email at [email protected]